We arrived here from Pennsylvania in mid-January 2014. I noticed the following:
- Rather than simply doing what needs doing, people are always fixin’ to do it.
- On day one, I received a plaque with all the words to “Deep in the Heart of Texas”. It is sung loudly on multiple occasions.
- People’s most frequent comment upon hearing I am a new arrival, “You are going to hate it here in August.”
- Some of the craziest driving I have ever seen, and that includes countries I visited with no traffic laws.
- Passion for football and college alma maters knows no bounds.