Thursday, July 3, 2014

5 Observations after Moving to Houston



We arrived here from Pennsylvania in mid-January 2014. I noticed the following:


  1. Rather than simply doing what needs doing, people are always fixin’ to do it.  
  2. On day one, I received a plaque with all the words to “Deep in the Heart of Texas”. It is sung loudly on multiple occasions.
  3. People’s most frequent comment upon hearing I am a new arrival, “You are going to hate it here in August.”
  4. Some of the craziest driving I have ever seen, and that includes countries I visited with no traffic laws.
  5. Passion for football and college alma maters knows no bounds.

1 comment:

  1. Some of the craziest driving I have ever seen, and that includes countries I visited with no traffic laws. Houston apartment movers

    ReplyDelete